The 2014 DC Walk for the Animals & Pet-a-Palooza is coming up, and we know you’ve been thinking about participating, but haven’t quite gotten around to registering yet. Stop procrastinating! Here are the top 15 reasons you should Walk for the Animals:
3. It’s an awesome way to get some exercise with your pet
5. The treadmill gets boring
6. You can walk with your pet, in honor of a pet, or on behalf of a pet, so they will pretty much get all the credit while you do all of the work
7. Even though you will be a silent hero, you’re helping us raise funds that will provide WHS animals with the things that they need
8. While you’re helping us out, you can snag some swag for your pet
9. Or some swag for yourself
*Not actual swag
10. You can even come and MAKE toys for our animals and your pets
11. It's pretty much just a big party celebrating animals
12. And a party for animals to celebrate
13. The best part is that we get to celebrate with our animals
14. You can brag to all your friends about it later
15. They will be so impressed by your awesomeness
So dust off your sneakers and walk with us!
The animals will love you forever and it will feel glorious.
The 2014 DC Walk for the Animals & Pet-A-Palooza will take place on Saturday, September 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Kingsbury Center. People can sign up as a team or individual to walk with their canine friends to help raise awareness and much needed funding for WHS. Plus, if your pup is a WHS Alum, you can enter to become the Grand Marshal of the Walk!
Throughout the event, guests can swing by Pet-A-Palooza, a festival of games, contests and activities for kids, adults and dogs. Adopt Force One will be on-site with plenty of adoptable animals looking to find their forever homes on this special day.
Registering online at www.dclovesdcanimals.org is easy, plus you can set up your own fundraising page to motivate friends and family to get involved.
Unable to join the walk? Become a “virtual walker” to support DC animals by making an online gift.